Reserving Your Permit

Maybe we are a bit old fashioned, but we like to talk to you on the phone for this step of your trip planning. Every guest gets our personal attention from the beginning, because our support and expertise is what will make your trip an ‘experience of a lifetime’. We love our wilderness and it will be a pleasure to share it with you, and we will do our best to see that you are comfortable, happy, and excited about what you are about to experience.

To start the reservation process (or to ask questions if you are still thinking about it) give us a call at: 1-800-328-3325 and ask for the outfitters (we use this number for both the lodge and the outfitters). If for any reason we are on another line or have stepped away, just leave us your name and phone number and we will promptly call you back.

During our phone chat with you we will be firming up your trip dates so we can reserve your permit for you. We will need your credit card information as we use that to guarantee the money spent for your permit will be covered. Our outfitters will send you an e-mail confirmation, along with the menu to fill out. You can either fax or mail the menu back to us, and if possible, we would like it at least 1 month before your arrival.

  • To travel the waterways of the BWCAW (Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness) and the Quetico Park you will need a travel permit. We help you select the entry point that will best suit your trip goals. Then we go ahead and reserve the permit for you, which takes all the hassle out of it at your end. It is best to plan early to get the entry point that you wish.
  • The permits are set up to allow a certain number of parties to enter a specific entry point on a certain date, to enhance your wilderness experience. Then we go ahead and reserve your permit for you. We issue the permit to you when you arrive, so you do not have to stop at a USFS office to get it. We proceed to this step when you have firmed up your dates and made your reservation with us. We will need your credit card information to do this. Remember permits are date specific.