Hygge Season : Celebrate the coziness of winter
January 13-16, 2020 | February 17-20, 2020 | March 16-19, 2020
Hygge is the ritual of embracing life’s simple pleasures and is brought to us by the Northern European countries that are so used to experiencing winter. It embraces family and friends relaxing in the coziness of a warm community.
Hygge is a daily part of our lives here on the Gunflint Trail. It encourages us to enjoy all of winter’s pleasures big and small: Snowshoeing through the woods, hearing the fresh crunch of the snow beneath you, tasting the snowflakes on your tongue, feeling the warmth of a hot fire as you warm up.
At Gunflint Lodge & Outfitters, you’ll experience Hygge with all the winter activities we enjoy in the Northwoods, like skiing, snowshoeing, and dog sledding. You’ll experience it drinking hot chocolate in the Lodge, watching the snow cover the ancient White Pines, and cuddling up beside the fire with someone special.
We’ll help you check off your Hygge List:
- Cross country ski, ice skate or go on a snow shoe hike through the North Woods
- Take a sauna or slip into a hot tub or relax in a spa tub
- Savor hot chocolate or a glass of wine by the fire
- Read a good book while you watch the snow fall outside your window
- Feed the birds and squirrels
- Watch the stars or maybe the Northern Lights in the night sky
The Hygge Season package includes:
- Accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin
- Includes hot breakfast at the Lodge each morning
- Cross Country skis, snowshoe, and Nordic kicksled rental included
- All guided Naturalist activities, including music programs, guided hikes, and handicraft projects
Dog sledding, snowmobile and fat bike rental may be available for an additional charge
- $269 per person in a Classic Cabin
- $349 per person in a Romantic Cabin
- Prices based on minimum cabin occupancy
- Three-night minimum stay required
Taxes, resort fee, and trail pass are additional