This is one of few opportunities to experience an authentic dog sled race and ride behind a team of dogs in the Lower 48
Come join us and check this off your bucket list!
January 10 – 12, 2020
The Gunflint Trail is a land blessed with stunning beauty. We have glacially sculpted cliffs, boreal forests, and an immense network of lakes and streams. We are blessed with cold weather and snow here. The Gunflint Mail Run Sled Dog Race celebrates our heritage of Voyageur trappers and hearty pioneers, including Justine Kerfoot, who founded Gunflint Lodge & Outfitters 90 years ago and used her own sled dog team to navigate the Northern winters here.
The Gunflint Mail Run Sled Dog Race is a continuous race consisting of two legs of equal distance, separated by a mandatory layover. There are two classes in the race: a 12-dog,110-mile race and an 8-dog, 70-mile race. Come visit us in Cook County, Minnesota on January 11th and 12th, 2020 to experience this spectacular race. For more information, please see the Gunflint Mail Run webpage.
This two day package will give you the opportunity to watch the race, as well as to meet our onsite musher and team of sled dogs and ride along with them on a run.
The Gunflint Mail Run package includes:
- Two nights accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin
- All meals from Friday dinner through Sunday breakfast
- Shuttle to and from the start of the Gunflint Mail Run Saturday morning
- Meet the Dogs Saturday afternoon with
- One 20 minute dogsled ride on the Gunflint Lake Sprint Loop
- Cross Country skis, snowshoe, and Nordic kick sled rental included
- Guided Naturalist activities
Gunflint Mail Run package pricing:
- $309 per person in a Classic Cabin
- $369 per person in a Romantic Cabin
- $339 per person in a Gunflint Lake Home
- 2 night stay required
- Prices based on double occupancy; base cabin occupancies apply
Taxes, service charge, and trail pass (optional) additional