Dick Kimmel and Kelly Coyle Folk Music Workshop Weekend
April 3-5, 2020
Spend the weekend with two seasoned musicians and work on your song writing, improve your playing or just jam with your friends. Saturday will be the host of 2 separate workshops, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. That evening, Dick and Kelly will put on a Bluegrass/Folk concert, showcasing their acoustic set.
Acoustic duo Kimmel/Coyle perform an eclectic mix of music, exploring old-time stringband tunes, bluegrass, and folk songs. They both sing, and between them play mandolin, mountain dulcimer, clawhammer banjo, and guitar.
- Two nights accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin
- All meals from dinner check-in evening through breakfast check-out morning
- 2 workshop sessions with Dick Kimmel and Kelly Coyle
- 1 ticket per person to the Dick Kimmel and Kelly Coyle folk concert Saturday night
- All guided Naturalist activities
- $229 per person in a One Bedroom Classic Cabin
- $220 per person in a Two Bedroom Classic Cabin
- $292 per person in a Romantic Cabin
- $287 per person in a Gunflint Lake Home
- Prices based on double occupancy; minimum cabin occupancies apply
Dick Kimmel has played, recorded, and promoted traditional music internationally for more than 50 years as a solo artist and with musicians like Del McCoury, Alan Munde, Hazel Dickens, and Becky Buller. He was inducted into 3 music halls-of-fame including the Minnesota Music Hall of Fame in 2010. Dick has made more than 2 dozen recordings, including 7 CDs for Copper Creek Records. He served as the International Bluegrass Music Association’s International Committee Chair for 15 years, earning him the title ‘the Ambassador of Bluegrass’ for an article in Bluegrass Unlimited magazine.
Multi-instrumentalist Kelly Coyle has played music for more than 45 years. A native of Kentucky, Kelly played old-time and bluegrass music with such Kentucky musicians as fiddler Tom Taylor and his brother, banjoist Ballard ‘Pappy’ Taylor, The Altar Way Gospel Singers, and Pam Gadd. He has a degree in folklore from the University of Kentucky. Kelly has played bass and guitar on 4 recordings including CDs by the New X Art Ensemble and the Endtime Quartet.