Minnesota Fishing Opener
May 12-14, 2023
The wind in your face, water splashing on your boat, the bite on your line, the wiggling fish in your net, the smell of your lunch fire, the sizzle of the walleye in the pan, and then a tasty shore lunch…..does it get any better after a long winter of snow and chilly days.
This opening weekend package sets the stage for the beginning of your summer fishing in the Northwoods in a grand way. Right from the dock, you can fish Gunflint and Magnetic Lakes. There is plenty of fishing for walleye and lake trout to keep you going all day.
Accommodations are available in 1 to 5 bedroom cabins depending on your party size. In most cases there is a full bathroom for each bedroom (most have queen and king sized beds). Each cabin has a nice living room with a big rock fireplace and kitchen, and many have a private sauna and hot tub.
In the Lodge, breakfast starts at 7 a.m. to get you on the water as early as you like! Lunch includes homemade soups and chowders, appetizers, huge hamburgers, deli style sandwiches, salads, wraps, or opt for a packed lunch to optimize your time on the water. At dinner time we’ll add additional entrees, ranging from sizzling steak to walleye, with vegetarian and gluten-free options available. We will be glad to fix one of your fish up for appetizers for Saturday dinner if you wish.
The Fishing Opener Package includes
- Two nights accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin
- All meals from dinner Friday evening through breakfast Sunday
- 16-ft fishing boat with 20 or 25 h.p. motor
- Net and minnow bucket
- Fish filleting and freezing for your catch
- $475 per person in a one bedroom Classic Cabin
- $397 per person in a two bedroom Classic Cabin
- $557 per person in a Romantic Cabin
- $471 per person in a Gunflint Lake Home
- Minimum two night stay
- Prices based on double occupancy; minimum cabin occupancies apply
- Fishing guides available for an additional charge
Taxes and resort fee are additional