Epic Winter Vacation
January 1 – March 28, 2021
Winter along the Gunflint Trail is a different world than either summer on the Trail or winter in the city. If you’ve not been to the Gunflint when it’s covered in sparkling white, you’re missing out! It doesn’t get any better.
This package is for adventure lovers of all ages. You’ll find new reasons to love winter beyond just the beauty. Take full advantage of the many activities only available in places like this that receive a healthy dumping of snow each year.
The dog sled ride will take you up into the back basin near Lonely Lake.
Over 60 km of beautifully-groomed trails await you for your cross country skiing. The trails will take you through a mature pine and aspen forest and up into the highlands with scenic overlooks. Dedicated snowshoe trails go through thick cedar swamps and stands of paper birch. You won’t be sharing the trails with skiers, dog sleds or snowmobiles just you and the solitude.
Adventure seekers will have the opportunity to take a 2 hour ride by electric fat bikes on groomed trails or on the lake along the international border of Canada. One can also try their hand at catching Walleye or Lake Trout and bringing them up through the ice with our complete ice fishing setup.
The Epic Winter Vacation package includes:
- Four nights accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin
- All meals from dinner check-in evening through breakfast check-out morning
- One Basin Trail Dog Sled ride per person – rides will run with 2 people so long combined weight is under 350 pounds.
- Ski and snowshoe rentals
- One day of ice fishing – pop up shelter, ice auger, heater, seat, and tackle box
- Two hour fat bike rental
- All guided Naturalist activities
- $699 per person in a One Bedroom Classic Cabin
- $649 per person in a Two or Three Bedroom Classic Cabin – based off of 3 Adults
- $799 per person in a Romantic Cabin
- $749 per person in a Two Bedroom Gunflint Lake Home or Larger – based off of 3 Adults
- Kids 6-12: $379 per person
Taxes, service charge, and trail passes are additional. Cabin occupancy minimums apply.