Epic Winter Vacation
January 1 – March 29, 2020
Winter along the Gunflint Trail is a different world than either summer on the Trail or winter in the city. If you’ve not been to the Gunflint when it’s covered in sparkling white, you’re missing out! It doesn’t get any better.
This package is for adventure lovers of all ages. You’ll find new reasons to love winter beyond just the beauty. Take full advantage of the many activities only available in places like this that receive a healthy dumping of snow each year.
The dog sled ride will take you up into the back basin past Lonely Lake, or the high ridges to the south.
Over 60 km of beautifully-groomed trails await you for your cross country skiing. The trails will take you through a mature pine and aspen forest and up into the highlands with scenic overlooks. Dedicated snowshoe trails go through thick cedar swamps and stands of paper birch. You won’t be sharing the trails with skiers, dog sleds or snowmobiles just you and the solitude.
Adventure seekers will have the opportunity to take a 2 hour ride by electric fat bikes on groomed trails or on the lake along the international border of Canada. One can also try their hand at catching Walleye or Lake Trout and bringing them up through the ice with our complete ice fishing setup.
The Epic Winter Vacation package includes:
- Four nights accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin
- All meals from dinner check-in evening through breakfast check-out morning
- Four mile dog sled ride on the Lonely Lake Basin Trail
- Ski and snowshoe rentals
- Half-day ice fishing setup
- Two hour fat bike rental
- All guided Naturalist activities
- $609 per person in a Classic Cabin
- $679 per person in a Romantic Cabin
- $659 per person in a Gunflint Lake Home
- Prices based on double occupancy; minimum cabin occupancies apply
- Single supplement $40 in a Classic Cabin; $50 in a Romantic Cabin or Gunflint Lake Home
Taxes, service charge, and trail passes are additional