Early Spring Fishing
Get a jump on great fishing this spring
May 8 – June 12, 2020
Spring is a great time for walleye and lake trout fishing in our northern clear-water rocky lakes. The walleye will have finished spawning and will be schooled up in the warmer bays of the main lakes. The lake trout will still be in the shallows while the water’s cold, feeding near the ledges and reefs. The smallies will be spawning on the gravel bars and along the shore.
Grab your buddies or bring the family and come for any number of days you choose. You’ll start with a filling breakfast each morning. We’ll go over the lake map with you and give you pointers on the most likely spots. Or if you’d like to include some guided days, we have experienced guides available. We’ll be glad to provide you with a packed lunch to take on the boat with you if you’ll be out all day. Then when you’re through with your fishing, you’ll find a tasty hot dinner waiting for you back at the Lodge.
The Spring Fishing Package includes
- Accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin
- All meals from dinner on your day of check-in through breakfast on your day of checkout
- Packed lunch available if you choose to spend your entire day on the water
- One day of unlimited use of a fishing boat, 20 h.p. electric start motor, gas, upholstered boat seats, nets, and minnow bucket
- One day of guided fishing (based on 3 guests per boat, call to book your guide)
- Includes Shore Lunch with guide
- Fish filleting and freezing for your catch
Additional guides can be booked at standard rates.
Special Note: Both Minnesota and Canadian fishing licenses are available on-line and you may purchase them before you leave home. If you choose to fish in Canadian waters you will need your passport or passport card, and a Canadian Remote Border Crossing Permit. You can get your Remote Border Crossing Permit online at: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf386-eng.pdf You’ll need to allow the Canadians 4-6 weeks for processing.
- Prices starting at $597 per adult in a one bedroom Classic Cabin
- Prices starting at $499 per adult in a two bedroom Classic Cabin
- Prices starting at $657 per adult in a Romantic Cabin
- Prices start at $559 per adult in a Gunflint Lake Home
- Minimum three night stay
- Children 12 and under half price
- Prices based on minimum of two adults in each cabin; Base cabin occupancies apply
- $50 per day additional for one adult in a cabin
Taxes and resort fee are additional