May 12-14, 2017
Opening Weekend–the wind in your face, water splashing on your boat, the bite on your line, the wiggling fish in your net, the smell of your lunch fire, the sizzle of the walleye in the pan, and then a tasty shore lunch…..does it get any better after a long winter of snow and chilly days?
This opening weekend package sets the stage for the beginning of your summer fishing in the Northwoods in a grand way. Right from the dock, you can fish Gunflint, Magnetic, Little Gunflint, Little North and Big North Lakes. There is plenty of fishing for walleye and lake trout to keep you going all day. We will even provide you with night running lights for your boat if you want to go out and catch a few more after dinner.
Accommodations are available in 1 to 5 bedroom cabins depending on your party size. In most cases there is a full bathroom for each bedroom (most have queen and king sized beds). Each cabin has a nice living room with a big rock fireplace and kitchen, and many have a private sauna and hot tub.
In the Lodge, breakfast starts at 7 a.m. and we offer a complete variety — from homemade blueberry pancakes, gourmet french toast, big custom omelets, eggs anyway you like them, sausage and bacon, juices and fruit. If you are an early fisherman, you can head out early and fish before breakfast. Lunch includes homemade soups and chowders, appetizers, huge hamburgers, deli style sandwiches, salads, wraps, and desserts. At dinner time we’ll add additional entrees, ranging from sizzling steak to walleye, with vegetarian and gluten-free options available. We will be glad to fix one of your fish up for appetizers for Saturday dinner if you wish.
All mothers will receive a special dessert with dinner on Saturday.
The Fishing Opener Package includes:
- Two nights accommodations in a fireplace lakeside cabin
- All meals from dinner Friday evening through breakfast Sunday morning (we pack your Saturday lunch to go if you want to be out all day)
- Boat and motor (20 hp electric-start Yamaha, 16′ boat and all your gas)
- Net and minnow bucket
- Fish filleting and freezing for your catch
Weekend Package Pricing:
- $329 per person in a Classic Cabin, minimum dual occupancy
- $379 per person in a Gunflint Lake Home, minimum dual occupancy
Fishing guides are available for an additional charge.
Upgrade your package for Mother’s Day for an additional $139 to include:
- A half-dozen chocolate-covered strawberries delivered to Mom in her cabin Friday night
- One hour massage of Mom’s choice
- Dessert free for Mom Saturday night in Justine’s at the Gunflint Lodge
- Special Mother’s Day breakfast menu Sunday morning
- Chocolate Gift box from Gunflint Mercantile
- Complimentary canoe use on the beach
- All guided Naturalist activities
Taxes and service charge are additional