Package Dates: Fall, Winter & Spring
Winter: Jan 29-31, 2016
Spring: April 1-3, 2016 and June 3-5, 2016
A Special Weekend with a Special Person
Let us treat you to a fabulous two-night getaway with someone special in your life.
The first feature on your way to Gunflint Lodge is the North Shore Drive along Lake Superior. It’s one of the most scenic drives in the Midwest. Then you’ll want to stop in our small Scandinavian town of Grand Marais for some shopping before starting your drive into the backcountry along the Gunflint Trail.
You’ll take this federally-designated Scenic Byway until you arrive at Gunflint Lodge. We’ll have a beautiful lakeside fireplace cabin waiting for you, nicely decorated with all the comfortable amenities.
Many of them have spas and saunas. All your meals are included. We’ll even deliver your breakfasts right to your cabin if you like. At 5:00 p.m. we will deliver appetizers and wine to your cabin for you to enjoy before coming up to the lodge for a tasty dinner.
You’ll have time to relax, sleep in, canoe, hike, go boating or horseback riding. In addition to all that, you can choose from a variety of guided naturalist activities that include hikes, animal searches, talks on the voyageurs and Native Americans, sunset cruises and much more. You also have miles and miles of hiking trails, cross country ski trails, snowshoeing trails and dog sledding.
The Lovers’ Weekend Package includes:
- Two nights accommodations
- All meals starting with dinner the day of check in and ending with breakfast the morning of check out
- Wine and appetizer delivery to your cabin each evening at 5pm
- Scheduled guided naturalist activities, and depending on the season your additional activity choices include cross country ski and snowshoe use in the winter and boat, motor, canoe, and kayak use in the summer
- $199.00 per adult in a classic cabin
- $249.00 per adult in a lake home or romantic cabin
Ski Trail Passes, Sales Tax and Service Charge are additional