Hygge Season – The quiet moments of fall and winter
February 2-5 or February 9-12
Hygge is the ritual of embracing life’s simple pleasures and is brought to us by the Northern European countries that are so used to experiencing winter. It embraces family and friends relaxing in the coziness of a warm community.
Hygge is a daily part of our lives here on the Gunflint Trail. It encourages us to enjoy all of winter’s pleasures big and small: Snowshoeing through the woods, hearing the fresh crunch of the snow beneath you, tasting the snowflakes on your tongue, feeling the warmth of a hot fire as you warm up.
At Gunflint Lodge & Outfitters, you’ll experience Hygge with all the winter activities we enjoy in the Northwoods, like skiing, snowshoeing, and dog sledding. You’ll experience it drinking hot chocolate in the Lodge, watching the snow cover the ancient White Pines, and cuddling up beside the fire with someone special.
We’ll help you check off your Hygge List:
- Cross country ski or go on a snow shoe hike through the North Woods
- Take a sauna or slip into a hot tub or relax in a spa tub
- Savor hot chocolate or a glass of wine by the fire
- Read a good book while you watch the snow fall outside your window
- Feed the birds and squirrels
- Watch the stars or maybe the Northern Lights in the night sky
The Hygge Season package includes:
- Three nights accommodations in a lakeside fireplace cabin
- Full breakfast included each morning in the Red Paddle Bistro at Gunflint Lodge
- Cross Country skis, snowshoe, and Nordic kicksled rental included
- All guided Naturalist activities
Hygge Festival activities included in your package:
- February 2 – Gunflint Folk Music Show
- February 3 – Wolf Howling Night Hike
- February 3-4 – Live piano music with Mark Darling in the Red Paddle Bistro at Gunflint Lodge
- February 9 – Campfire and Celtic Music Show at the Gunflint Lodge Naturalist Center
- February 10 – Wolf Howling Night Hike Under a Full Moon
- February 10 & 11 – Live piano music with Mark Darling in the Red Paddle Bistro at Gunflint Lodge
Dog sledding trips and snowmobile rental may be included for an additional charge.
$189 per person, dual occupancy in a Classic Cabin
$239 per person, dual occupancy in a Gunflint Lake Home